SPRING VALLEY, N.Y. — Members of UTU Local 153 here, employed as school bus drivers by Chestnut Ridge Transportation, have ratified a three-year wage, benefits and work rules agreement.
The agreement provides the drivers with wage increases retroactive to Sept. 1, 2010, improvements in personal leave-day policy, training pay, and bereavement leave. UTU negotiators blocked attempts by the carrier for concessions.
UTU International Vice President Rich Deiser, who assisted in negotiations, praised the efforts of Local 153 negotiators, who included General Chairperson Wilner Baptiste, President Frantz Fils-aime, Vice President Canez Francois, Treasurer Barbara McIntosh and Secretary Wilfred Hatch.
New York State Legislative Director Sam Nasca also assisted with negotiations.
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days
- Minnesota governor signs omnibus bill, making two-person freight crews law
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Railroad Retirement Board statements of service being issued
- SMART-TD takes lead during ‘Railroad Safety Day’ on Capitol Hill
- Registration for annual SMART Leadership Conference now open for TD officers
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification