MILLINGTON, Tenn. – A UTU-represented trainman employed by Canadian National Railway subsidiary Illinois Central was seriously injured here early Sept. 5 when reportedly struck by a passing train on a mainline while performing duties on an adjacent track. Millington is a suburb north of Memphis.
Shawn D. Hall, 34, married with four children, reportedly lost one foot as well as suffering broken arms, ribs and internal injuries in the accident. Hall, a member of UTU Local 753 in Memphis, has eight years of service. He is being treated at Regional Medical Center in Memphis where he was said to be in stable condition Sept. 6.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching