MILLINGTON, Tenn. – A UTU-represented trainman employed by Canadian National Railway subsidiary Illinois Central was seriously injured here early Sept. 5 when reportedly struck by a passing train on a mainline while performing duties on an adjacent track. Millington is a suburb north of Memphis.
Shawn D. Hall, 34, married with four children, reportedly lost one foot as well as suffering broken arms, ribs and internal injuries in the accident. Hall, a member of UTU Local 753 in Memphis, has eight years of service. He is being treated at Regional Medical Center in Memphis where he was said to be in stable condition Sept. 6.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson