UTU conductor double-amputee in NS mishap
Norfolk Southern conductor and UTU Local 768 member Larry McVay, age 43, lost an arm and a leg in a switching accident near Lafayette, Ind., the morning of Jan. 3, and is recovering in an Indianapolis hospital.
A UTU member since Dec. 1, 2007, McVay is a resident of Dalton City, Ill. He and his wife, Lisa, lost a daughter in an automobile accident in 2008.
A Larry McVay benefit fund has been established at Land of Lincoln Credit Union, 2890 N. Oakland Ave., Decatur, IL. 62526. More information may be obtained from the credit union by calling (217) 875-1300.
Members who have PayPal accounts may also make a contribution through the PayPal website by sending funds to the e-mail address email@example.com.
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor
- Railway Safety Act top of mind at Senate’s NS hearing