UTU conductor double-amputee in NS mishap
Norfolk Southern conductor and UTU Local 768 member Larry McVay, age 43, lost an arm and a leg in a switching accident near Lafayette, Ind., the morning of Jan. 3, and is recovering in an Indianapolis hospital.
A UTU member since Dec. 1, 2007, McVay is a resident of Dalton City, Ill. He and his wife, Lisa, lost a daughter in an automobile accident in 2008.
A Larry McVay benefit fund has been established at Land of Lincoln Credit Union, 2890 N. Oakland Ave., Decatur, IL. 62526. More information may be obtained from the credit union by calling (217) 875-1300.
Members who have PayPal accounts may also make a contribution through the PayPal website by sending funds to the e-mail address email@example.com.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson