Washington, DC—Today the House passed the Build Back Better Act. In response, SMART issued the following statement.
“We commend the House for passing the Build Back Better Act. This legislation is a monumental investment in American families, will revitalize our economy and create good union jobs. Our union members stand ready to rebuild and construct our nation’s infrastructure and will be the boots on the ground to make the Build Back Better agenda a reality.
“This legislation will support our members by applying labor standards to clean energy tax credits, expanding registered apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs, investing in high-speed rail projects, addressing indoor air quality in schools, commercial and residential buildings and supports workers’ right to organize by making consequential reforms to the National Labor Relations Act.
“We can’t delay on delivering for the American people. The time to act is now. We call on the Senate to immediately pass this bill and send it to the President for his signature.”
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Michael Coleman is elected SMART General President, succeeding Joseph Sellers
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- Debt default threatens American workers: Take action today
- SMART Local 110 hosts Take Kids Fishing Day events with Union Sportsmen’s Alliance
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days