CHEYENNE, Wyo.—Union Pacific Railroad says it will try to restore one of the largest steam locomotives ever built to operating condition.
The railroad said July 23 it reached an agreement to acquire a “Big Boy” locomotive from the RailGiants Train Museum at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds.
Read the complete story at San Jose Mercury News.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching