CHEYENNE, Wyo.—Union Pacific Railroad says it will try to restore one of the largest steam locomotives ever built to operating condition.
The railroad said July 23 it reached an agreement to acquire a “Big Boy” locomotive from the RailGiants Train Museum at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds.
Read the complete story at San Jose Mercury News.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract