Union Pacific named Sherrye Hutcherson vice president of Human Resources effective May 4. Hutcherson will be responsible for leading the company’s human resources function, which includes talent management, training and development, strategic workforce planning, recruiting, compensation and benefits, and diversity initiatives.
Hutcherson h more than 20 years of experience in corporate and non-profit settings, with responsibilities ranging from human resources and finance to business development and customer satisfaction.
“Sherrye brings expertise in human resources, plus immense knowledge in employee engagement and strategic planning to Union Pacific,” said Diane Duren, Union Pacific executive vice president and corporate secretary. “Her leadership experience will be invaluable as Union Pacific continues to focus on recruiting, supporting and developing a talented and engaged workforce.”
In her most recent role as vice president of Corporate Services and chief administrative officer for Omaha Public Power District (OPPD), Hutcherson was responsible for human resources and labor relations, as well as corporate services, information technology and sustainability efforts. She previously served division manager roles for the utility’s human resources, customer solutions, and market research and product development teams. Prior to joining OPPD, Hutcherson was executive director of the Omaha Small Business Network, Inc. She started her career in Union Pacific’s Corporate Audit Department.
Hutcherson holds a master’s of business administration from Creighton University and a bachelor’s of science in accounting from the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. She is passionate about volunteerism, voting advocacy, and civil and women’s rights, having served on the boards of 75 North Revitalization, Children’s Hospital and Medical Center, the Urban League of Nebraska, and Women’s Center for Advancement (WCA).
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results
- SMART TD seeks photos for annual Alumni calendar
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act