James R. Young, who advanced to become Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) chairman, president and chief executive officer after starting with the railroad company in an entry-level finance position, died today. He was 61 years old.
He died after a two-year battle with pancreatic cancer, the company said in a statement distributed by PR Newswire.
Read the complete story at Bloomberg News.
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- Ann Simon, wife of TD Alt. VP Anthony Simon, passes away
- TD Local 18 member killed in derailment
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson