Transportation unions want new regulations for train crews and bus drivers.
The Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO Oct. 29 endorsed potential federal mandates to require at least two crew members on all U.S. freight trains, protect bus drivers from physical assaults and make sure they are paid overtime when they work more than 40 hours a week.
Read the complete story at The Hill.
- SMART-TD Tentative Agreement update: Oct. 5, 2022
- TD organizing win thanks to collaboration in Michigan
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC