In June, U.S. Class Is originated 1,177,655 carloads, up 3.6 percent compared with June 2013’s total, according to the Association of American Railroads (AAR).
U.S. carloads averaged 294,414 per week – the highest weekly average for a June since 2008, AAR officials said in a press release. Monthly carload growth averaged 4.9 percent from March through June, the highest average for any four-month period since December 2010 through March 2011, they said.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available