An explosion in a rail yard killed two men Tuesday afternoon in southeast Omaha.
The force of the blast blew one man off of a tanker car and to the ground, while the ladder shot out of the car and left another man trapped.
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- ProPublica reports: “As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School”
- Defense of our bus operators is needed
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention
- Deputy Labor Secretary Julie Su has walked the walk for workers
- SMART members show up for project labor agreements, union jobs in Northern California
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- SMART-TD Alt. National Legislative Director Cassity highlights push for rail safety laws