The Transportation Trades Department of the AFL-CIO has written letters to all members of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives asking them to restore full unemployment and sickness benefits to Railroad Retirement beneficiaries whose benefits have been reduced due to the sequestration.
As a result of the March 1, 2013, sequestration, sick and unemployed railroad workers have had their benefits reduced by 9.2 percent.
To read the letter to U.S. representatives, click here.
To read the letter to U.S. senators, click here.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)