The Transportation Trades Department of the AFL-CIO has written letters to all members of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives asking them to restore full unemployment and sickness benefits to Railroad Retirement beneficiaries whose benefits have been reduced due to the sequestration.
As a result of the March 1, 2013, sequestration, sick and unemployed railroad workers have had their benefits reduced by 9.2 percent.
To read the letter to U.S. representatives, click here.
To read the letter to U.S. senators, click here.
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa
- Photo recap of TD Labor Day events