The UTU International will conduct a workshop for local treasurers May 15-17 in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Cleveland workshop will be held at the UTU International offices in North, Olmsted, Ohio.
Attendance is limited to 24 registrants at the Cleveland workshop. Newly elected local treasurers are encouraged to attend.
Those interested in attending should contact Nancy Miller, executive assistant to the general secretary & treasurer, at (216) 228-9400, or email her at n_miller @utu.org, as soon as possible.
The three-day session will include all training and materials at no cost to local treasurers. The local is responsible for other costs associated with the treasurer’s attendance, including travel, lodging and meals. These expenses, as well as lost time or salary, may be reimbursed as an allowable expense if pre-approved at a local meeting.
The workshops will provide local treasurers with hands-on training on the responsibilities and reporting duties of their office, including instruction on direct receipts and Winstabs. The workshops will also focus on completion of mandatory filings for LM reports, Form 990 and Department of Labor requirements.
The Cleveland workshop will be held at the UTU International Headquarters at 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, in North Olmsted. UTU corporate room rates of $78 per night, plus tax, are available at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport located at 25070 Country Club Blvd., which is conveniently located adjacent to the UTU Headquarters. The Radisson hotel provides complimentary airport shuttle service to Cleveland Hopkins Airport and a breakfast buffet.
Rooms are based on availability and will only be held for our group until April 30. Reservations can be made by calling the Radisson directly at (440) 734-5060. Provide the code “UTU” when making reservations. Remember, attendance is limited to 24 registrants.
Training sessions will be conducted by UTU International Auditors Stephen Noyes, Bobby Brantley and Mike Araujo.
Because space is limited, attendees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Treasurers should bring a notebook computer and a USB flash drive.
For news regarding future workshops for local treasurers, visit the UTU website regularly at www.utu.org.
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations