The SMART Transportation Division will be conducting a Treasurers’ Workshop at the Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport on October 27 and 28, 2015. Attendance will be limited to 35 registrants, so those interested in attending are instructed to contact Dora Wolf in the Updating Department by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email at email@example.com as soon as possible to reserve a spot in the class.
While all treasurers will likely benefit from this workshop, newly elected treasurers are strongly encouraged to attend. The two-day training session comes at no cost to the local. However, the local is responsible for all expenses associated with the treasurer’s attendance. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed if pre-approved at a local meeting as an allowable expense of the local.
The workshop will provide local treasurers training on the responsibilities and reporting duties pertaining to the office, including direct receipts and WinStabs. It will also focus on the completion of mandatory filings with the IRS and Department of Labor.
As previously stated, the workshop will be held at the Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport, 7900 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64153. A negotiated group rate of $79 per night, plus tax, is available and the deadline for room reservations is October 1, 2015.
Reservations can be made online at www.druryhotels.com, using our group code of 2256372 or by calling the Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport toll-free at (800) 325-0720 and refer to group number 2256372 when making your reservation. The Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport provides a complimentary shuttle service and a complimentary breakfast.
Training sessions will be conducted by SMART Transportation Division Auditors Bobby Brantley, John Purcell and Mike Araujo. Space is limited and attendees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that those attending make their hotel reservations at the time of registration with SMART TD.
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023