The SMART Transportation Division is conducting a second local treasurers’ workshop at its headquarters in North Olmsted, Ohio, Feb. 23-25. The treasurers’ workshop scheduled for Feb. 18-20 is full.
Attendance is limited to 25 registrants. If demand for the workshop is high, another workshop will be scheduled shortly after.
Those interested in attending the workshop should contact the office of the SMART Transportation Division Updating/Auditing Department. Call (216) 228-9400, or email Karen Cashin at email@example.com.
While all treasurers will likely benefit from this workshop, newly elected treasurers are strongly encouraged to attend.
The three-day session will include all training and materials at no cost to local treasurers. However, the local is responsible for all other costs associated with the treasurer’s attendance at the workshop. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed if pre-approved at a local meeting as an allowable expense of the local.
The workshop will provide local treasurers with hands-on training on the responsibilities and reporting duties pertaining to their office, including direct receipts and Winstabs. It will also focus on completion of mandatory filings for LM reports and Form 990 and Department of Labor requirements.
The workshop will be held at the Transportation Division headquarters at 24950 Country Club Blvd., Ste. 340, in North Olmsted, Ohio. Corporate room rates of $78 per night, plus tax, are available at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport, 25070 Country Club Blvd. in North Olmsted, which is conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot of the Transportation Division offices. The deadline for room reservations is Feb. 9.
Reservations can be made by calling Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport directly at (440) 734-5060. Provide advise the hotel representative that you are with the “SMART Transportation Division” group when making reservations. Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport and a complimentary breakfast.
Training sessions will be conducted by SMART Transportation Division Field Auditors Bobby Brantley and Mike Araujo. Space is limited and attendees will be accepted in order of registration. It is recommended that those attending make their hotel reservations at the time of registration.
If one-on-one assistance is need by a treasurer, arrangements should be made in advance of the workshop by contacting Brantley at (216) 502-7225 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Araujo at (210) 710-4213 or email@example.com.
Attendees should bring a notebook computer and USB flash drive.
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023
- N.J. designates Oct. 15 as annual Railroad Workers Day