A two-day training program on handling radioactive cargo traveling by rail will be conducted by the National Labor College in Silver Spring, Md., Aug. 17-18.
The Modular Emergency Response Radiological Transportation Training (MERRTT) course will be taught by officials from the Department of Energy. The course will be taught from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., both days.
Rail workers interested in attending this training must secure the time off from their employer, and confirm participation to attend by completing a registration form that includes a clear copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued identification. Use the following link to obtain the registration form:
The completed registration form should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via facsimile to (301) 628-0165.
Upon receipt of a completed registration form, participants will be sent a confirmation letter with information on travel, room and board. A federal grant pays for transportation, room and board for each training participant.
If you have any questions or desire additional information, email email@example.com, or call (301) 628-4858.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching