A two-day training program on handling radioactive cargo traveling by rail will be conducted by the National Labor College in Silver Spring, Md., Aug. 17-18.
The Modular Emergency Response Radiological Transportation Training (MERRTT) course will be taught by officials from the Department of Energy. The course will be taught from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., both days.
Rail workers interested in attending this training must secure the time off from their employer, and confirm participation to attend by completing a registration form that includes a clear copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued identification. Use the following link to obtain the registration form:
The completed registration form should be e-mailed to email@example.com, or sent via facsimile to (301) 628-0165.
Upon receipt of a completed registration form, participants will be sent a confirmation letter with information on travel, room and board. A federal grant pays for transportation, room and board for each training participant.
If you have any questions or desire additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (301) 628-4858.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract