On September 21st
Sheet Metal Workers Local 5 was notified that a local Chattanooga veteran and his family had been left with an exposed metal roof by a shoddy local non-union contractor.
Army Veteran Kerry Hinton had paid this contractor to demo the existing asphalt shingled roof and replace it with sheet metal. During this process the owner/operator of the non-union firm was arrested and reportedly put in jail leaving Kerry along with his wife and children with a mess on their hands.
Volunteers from SMART Sheet Metal Local 5, through the SMART ARMY, long with assistane from Chase Plumbing and Mechanical Inc. went to work donating time and materials to help this family in need.
Special Thanks to Brothers Jacob Wheeler, George Painter, Jordan Burgin, Jason Andrews, John Kirk and Jeff Burgin who worked on the project.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Representatives Norcross and Chu introduce No Tax Break for Union Busting Act
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- SMART Education Department holds organizing training in Portland
- Talking SMART: Member Brings Voice of Working Families to CT Statehouse
- Special Focus: Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund certified as healthy, in the ‘Green Zone’