It is in off-the-cuff comments – rather than scripted press conferences, staged public speaking events or political advertisements on television – that often best reveal the “real” candidate and their thoughts.
In off-the-cuff comments by Mitt Romney, at a $50,000 per person fund raiser in Boca Raton, Fla., in May – when Romney didn’t realize a camera was rolling and microphone present – here is what he had to say, revealing the “real” candidate Mitt Romney:
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it … And the government should give it to them. They will vote for this president no matter what … These are people who pay no income tax.
“My job is not to worry about these people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”
- <strong>B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members</strong>
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- Remembering MLK
- SMART-TD stands in solidarity with the Air Line Pilots Association, International