Accessing and instructions for online trainings
Online Training Class Instructions
1. Register for the class session(s) you wish to take using the appropriate link.
2. Approximately 1-3 days prior to the class, you will receive an email with the link to the online class. There will also be a phone number and conference ID# for you to use if your computer/tablet does not have speakers or a microphone.
3. Prior to class, please download the Microsoft Teams app. The downloaded version works the best for our training. Please take the time well in advance of the training to download the app from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app
You may find this YouTube video helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEsaFMWn0Vc
4. To participate fully in the class, you will need a computer/tablet with a reliable internet connection. (We DO NOT recommend using a smartphone because the display is too small.) Your device will also need speakers and a microphone or you can connect earbuds/headphones that have a microphone to your device.
a. Ideally you will need a web camera too so we can put your face with your name!
5. Prior to the event, please test your device settings.. Open the Teams app, and type /testcall in the search bar and follow the prompts. Click to end the call to see the results of your test call.
- You may find this YouTube video helpful.
- If you absolutely cannot get the speaker/headphones and/or mic to work – you can use the phone number and conference ID# provided in the email with the link to the class. You will still need the computer/tablet for the visual portion of the class. (If you are getting sound through both the computer and your phone, be sure to mute your computer so you don’t get feedback.)
6. About 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the online class, find the class email. Click on “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.” You will then see something similar to this::
If you have not already downloaded the Microsoft Team application, select the option “Download the Windows app” or if you already have it installed, select “Open your Teams app”. The browser version does not work well for our training modules. If for some reason you can only use the browser version, please be aware, the browser version will only work if used in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
7. Once you have joined the meeting, you will enter the “lobby” of the class meeting. One of the meeting organizers will then admit you to the meeting. (If you are using a computer + the dial-in option for audio, you will be admitted separately for the computer and for dial-in.)