The agreement provides for true parity for all trainmen, with the elimination of entry rates and the consolidation of all rates into a single rate of pay for conductor positions with all arbitrary and short crew allowances rolled into the daily rate, resulting in an hourly rate of pay increase effective July 1, 2017. The agreement establishes a standard crew consist of two (2) trainmen on all assignments, a guaranteed extra board with a pass provision, and double time for working holidays.
The agreement also provides for a three percent deferred compensation match, a ratification incentive, improved meal periods, and boot allowance provisions.
SMART Transportation Division Vice President Dave Wier, who assisted with the mediated negotiations, congratulated TMB General Chairperson Clayton Hoffman, Vice Chairperson Shawn Merrill and former Vice Chairperson John Pace for “the exceptional effort put forth in bringing the members’ concerns to the bargaining table and negotiating an agreement with significant improvements in wages and working conditions. This is an agreement that our members can be proud of.”
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available