As the largest freight rail operating union in the United States, the SMART Transportation Division rejects the notion that any extension of the status quo cooling-off period would have a benefit to alleviating the current contract impasse.
The intransigence of the railroad carriers over the span of the more than three years of negotiations with all unions involved and to our union in the days since SMART-TD’s announcement of its voting results will not change with an extension.
Any consideration by Congress to the contrary would only further exacerbate the harm that has been done to our members, rail shippers, and the American economy.
- TD President Ferguson, others to appear with senators to demand paid sick time for rail workers
- Assistance for East Palestine, Ohio, derailment evacuees
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort