Designated Legal Counsel (DLC) Anthony Petru has been chosen as coordinator of the DLC Program. Petru replaces long-time DLC member and Coordinator Steve Young, who retired earlier this autumn.
Petru is a long-time DLC with years of experience in the rail industry. He graduated from University of California, Berkeley, and attended law school at the University of San Francisco. He joined the law firm of Hildebrand, McLeod & Nelson in 1980. Petru is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association and the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys.
“We appreciate Anthony’s willingness to serve as coordinator and look forward to working with him in his new position,” said Transportation Division President John Previsich.
Meanwhile, Previsich lauded Young’s service to our membership. “Steve’s contribution to the DLC program while serving as coordinator cannot be overstated, nor can his many other contributions to the union overall. Steve has been of great service to this union for over 40 years, beginning with holding office at the local and general committee level through his continued affiliation during his professional career. His contribution to the education and training of our members through his presentations at our regional meetings is legendary. Steve’s presence and leadership will be missed.”
- SMART News episode 10 features Local 19 member on Biden endorsement, coverage of railroad victories, GP Coleman’s visit to Tenn. megaproject and more
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- ProPublica reports: “As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School”
- Defense of our bus operators is needed
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention
- Deputy Labor Secretary Julie Su has walked the walk for workers