Amtrak Conductor and Local 1933 member Amanda Brillhart is in critical condition after her husband, Charles Nethercutt, poured gasoline on her and set her on fire Sept. 19.
Brillhart, 27, has a one-year-old son. As a result of the attack, she has undergone extensive surgeries and is expected to be out of work for quite a while. Police are still searching for her husband.
A GoFundMe account has been set up by her co-workers to help with the financial burden that medical bills and being off work is causing.
Click here to donate.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline for help at 1-800-799-7233 or for the hearing impaired TTY 1-800-787-3224.
Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline website at www.thehotline.org.
Click here to learn more about domestic violence.
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo