David Pryor, Amtrak conductor and member of SMART TD Local 168, loves his job on the commuter rail and shared his sentiments and experiences in a recent interview with The Atlantic. Not only does the job provide him with the opportunity to travel, he also noted that being on the railroad continually restores his faith in humanity.
“In my 27 years, I’ve seen people helping complete strangers. It lets you see the world from a different perspective. There are still a lot of wonderful people in this world,” Pryor stated to Associate Editor, Bourree Lam. Read the complete article here.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”