Yesterday, President Biden announced that Celeste Drake will serve as the Nation’s first Director of the Made in America Office at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
SMART issued the following response:
“We applaud the Biden Administration for its continued commitment to prioritizing workers, revitalizing our economy, and creating union, family-sustaining jobs. This new position will be critical in shaping and implementing Federal policy to carry out the President’s vision of future manufacturing focused on ensuring goods are made in America by American workers.
There is no better customer of American made goods than the Federal government which can use the size of its purchasing power to make a sizable difference and jump start manufacturing activity in the US. Celeste Drake is an experienced advocate for working people with the necessary experience and expertise on advocating for workers around trade issues. We look forward to working with her in this new role to rebuild our infrastructure, create union jobs and restore the middle class.”
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results