Washington, DC—Today, the White House announced its support for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework, a $1.2 trillion investment in physical infrastructure. In response, SMART issued the following statement.
“Today’s announcement is an important breakthrough towards tackling our country’s crumbling infrastructure. We look forward to continuing to work with Congress and the Biden administration to finalize this agreement and pass a broader package that encompasses all elements of the American Jobs Plan and American Families Plan. By working on these two packages simultaneously, we believe we will meet the needs of our country, create good paying union jobs, combat climate change, and revitalize the economy equitably.
We stand committed to fulfilling President Biden’s mission of making our federal government a model employer by ensuring that every dollar allocated towards infrastructure complies with strong labor standards that guarantees good jobs and worker protections. This is an essential action the federal government must take to achieve a positive return on investment for taxpayers and our communities.”
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- Colorado legislative update: Rail safety bill before influential committee
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers
- SMART Leadership Conference concludes with stellar lineup of speakers, allies
- Union sheet metal leaders prepare for bright future on conference’s final day
- 2023 SMART Leadership Conference continues forward momentum on second day
- Sheet metal union leaders gather on day two of Leadership Conference to focus on progress
- “This is Our Time:” Second SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in Washington, D.C.