In the interest of transparency, original details and documentation regarding the SMART Constitution are available for members on this site.
While it was hoped by the time we would have the final SMART Constitution for your review, we are 95 percent complete with the changes to Article 21B (UTU 2011 Constitution) to conform to the SMWIA (Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association) Constitution, we are just short of the final document. We anticipate we will have the final on Article 21B by mid-September.
In the interim, we are placing the current SMWIA Constitution, the Merger Agreement and the Arbitrators Opinion and Award on this site for your review. Most importantly is the SMWIA Constitution which is in its final form and will be part of the SMART Constitution. The final SMART Constitution will be the SMWIA Constitution, with the finalized Article 21B (UTU Constitution) inserted.
Further information on the amendment process for the SMART Constitution will be posted at a later date, but in the meantime, take the time to familiarize yourself with the SMWIA Constitution.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com. From the questions submitted we will create a frequently asked questions (FAQ) section that will be posted on a later date.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body