In the interest of transparency, original details and documentation regarding the SMART Constitution are available for members on this site.
While it was hoped by the time we would have the final SMART Constitution for your review, we are 95 percent complete with the changes to Article 21B (UTU 2011 Constitution) to conform to the SMWIA (Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association) Constitution, we are just short of the final document. We anticipate we will have the final on Article 21B by mid-September.
In the interim, we are placing the current SMWIA Constitution, the Merger Agreement and the Arbitrators Opinion and Award on this site for your review. Most importantly is the SMWIA Constitution which is in its final form and will be part of the SMART Constitution. The final SMART Constitution will be the SMWIA Constitution, with the finalized Article 21B (UTU Constitution) inserted.
Further information on the amendment process for the SMART Constitution will be posted at a later date, but in the meantime, take the time to familiarize yourself with the SMWIA Constitution.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. From the questions submitted we will create a frequently asked questions (FAQ) section that will be posted on a later date.
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity