Michael Wilson is a new SM Local 206 (San Diego, Calif.) member working at the new San Marcos Medical Center in San Marcos, Calif. He recently shared how much he is enjoying his new career and learning every day from his journeyperson, Troy Lewis, who has been a union sheet metal worker and mentor to many for over 20 years. They are both proud to have each other’s back, as well as the back of every SMART member they work with in the future.
SMART SM Local 219 (Rockford, Ill.) Journeyperson Mike Cassidy is taking time every day to pass on his 29 years of experience to fourth-year Apprentice Sandy Peters.
SMART’s “I Got Your Back” campaign aims to promote solidarity and a safe haven among all members of our union. The campaign is focused on promoting awareness of work environment discrimination, bullying, hazing and harassment.
Do you have that special mentor who had your back? Now is the time to let them know how their support impacted you and recognize them for their solidarity.
Share an “I Got Your Back” sticker with them to show that they and YOU will have all members’ backs.
It lets a member who is in need of an ally have a safe place to turn.
Send your story about those who mentored you to email@example.com or share on social media with the hashtag #SMARTIGOTYOURBACK.
- Meet Teresa George, a 16-year conductor with SMART TD Local 1105 (Wilmington, N.C.)
- Elections matter: How your vote has helped workers since 2020
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Recent progress made.
- Progress made for Bus Dept. and 2PC rule
- Building a healthy future for all Canadians
- SMART MD membership votes to ratify contract with freight rail carriers
- SMART Local 206 journeyperson Annet Del Rosario wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference in San Francisco focuses on “Growth Through Unity”
- White House highlights partnership with SMART, SMACNA and NEMI