Our Union becomes stronger when we reach out to our local communities to forge new partnerships while we strengthen existing coalitions. By doing this we raise our visibility and improve our image among
the voters, community leaders, and politicians whose support we count on for the change we make to ensure new projects, new PLAs, workplace and job site standards and influence within the communities we live and work in.
There is no better way to do this, together as one Union, than through our inaugural Month of Community Action which will be held this coming April. Events are being planned from coast to coast initiated and developed by local unions.
We will be cleaning up parks, building and repainting new facilities for local youth sports leagues, planting trees and giving our time to groups and causes and families who will in turn stand with us in the future, right in the neighborhoods we live.
Keep in mind that members who sign SMART Army cards and participate in SMART Army activities will be eligible to receive a SMART Army t-shirt. Contact your local union for more information.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”