After consulting with a number of the largest mechanical contractors in the United States, the ITI (International Training Institute) has enhanced its BIM courses to better meet the training needs expressed by those contractors. The result is a total immersion training experience called BIMmersion.
BIMmersion is separate from the ITI’s Benchmark training. It covers everything you need to know to become a working detailer in a very short amount of time. Courses are limited to 15 students and each is flexible, depending on individual training needs. They can be taken as a full training experience over six weeks, or each class can be taken on its own.
Two of the most popular classes are sure to be Revit and Navisworks, Autodesk’s flagship products for Building Information Modeling:
Revit Course Description Learn how to use Autodesk Revit software. Topics include learning the basics of Revit; creating views of the model; setting up levels and grids; creating walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, stairs, railings, ramps, etc.; adding components to the model; creating and printing sheets; adding annotations and a detailing sheet; creating HVAC systems; creating hydronic systems; creating plumbing systems; creating lighting and power plans.
Navisworks Course Description Learn how to use Autodesk Navisworks software. Topics include learning the main features and functionality of the Navisworks software; open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Navisworks format; perform visual project model reviews using built-in review and reporting tools; perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design; obtain takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
The construction industry has changed and you can change with it. These courses are designed to improve your marketability and open the door to new opportunities. For more information or to sign up, visit www.sheetmetal-iti.org (DIRECT LINK HERE) or call Michael Keane at 703-678-7716.
CLICK HERE for complete Course Descriptions.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available