Two separate two-day online dialogues focusing on unique issues for women in blue-collar transportation careers are offered at no charge by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
July 11-15: How do we best describe and promote women working in skilled, blue-collar transportation-related careers?
July 25-29: How do we leverage existing programs that promote recruitment and hiring of women working in transportation-related trades?; and, What ideas, suggestions or strategies do you have for retaining and advancing women’s talent within your industry?
Participants in the dialogues will have the opportunity to submit, comment on, and rate ideas interactively with colleagues from across the country, creating a national exchange of ideas, suggestions and best practices for women in blue-collar transportation careers.
The online discussions will be accessible for 24 hours during their scheduled dates, and registered participants can easily log on from home.
For more information, visit www.dialogueforwomen.ideascale.com
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson