This event, part of a continuing plan to create improved safety culture in the sheet metal industry, will feature workshops; participation from workers, contractors, owners and speakers; skills development on safety culture and climate; and best practices involving safety and health.
In addition, nominations are currently being accepted for SMOHIT’s annual Safety Awards, which will be presented at the conference to recognize outstanding contributions expanding local health and safety programs for SMART SM members; training centers, organizations, contractors and deservi
ng individuals may qualify.
SMOHIT is also accepting original submissions for the second annual Safety Design Contest. Designs and slogans should feature a message about the importance of safety culture in the sheet metal industry. Members are encouraged to participate; winning designs will appear on promotional items and in future Funds materials.
Visit www.smohit.org to register for the Safety Champions Conference and for details on nominating a safety champion or submitting a safety design.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”
- Special Focus: Infrastructure and Jobs Act expected to create jobs for SMART members