The Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has once again awarded its Medicare contract to Palmetto GBA, which will continue to handle Medicare Part B claims for Railroad Retirement beneficiaries.
The award, which was announced Sept. 28, names Palmetto as the Railroad Specialty Medicare Administrative Contractor (SMAC).
The transition to the new contract award does not have any impact on beneficiaries and Palmetto GBA’s beneficiary contact center telephone number and hours will remain the same.
Claims will continue to be processed as usual, and Palmetto is notifying beneficiaries’ doctors, practitioners and suppliers about the award of the SMAC contract. There will be no changes in how they bill Palmetto and no delays in claims processing, the company said.
Gina Jenkins, Program Manager for Railroad Medicare and SMAC, said the Palmetto team is looking forward to continuing its high levels of service to its beneficiary customers.
“While Palmetto GBA has held the Railroad Medicare contract for more than 10 years, many of the staff here at our Augusta office have processed claims and answered inquiries for Railroad Medicare beneficiaries for more than 35 years,” Jenkins said. “We look forward to being here for you and providing the highest levels of customer service that you have come to expect, and most certainly, deserve.”
Palmetto’s beneficiary contact center can be reached by telephone at (800) 833-4455, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST). The hearing impaired can call TTY/TDD (877) 566-3572. That line is for the hearing impaired with the appropriate dial-up service.
- SMART-TD Tentative Agreement update: Oct. 5, 2022
- TD organizing win thanks to collaboration in Michigan
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar