The Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has announced its schedule of pre-retirement seminars for March – June 2019. The RRB hosts these seminars for rail employees and spouses who are within five years of retirement.
The board recently combined their traditional informational conference program with their pre-retirement seminars to ensure their outreach efforts fulfills current needs. Henceforth, these seminars are open for those nearing retirement, all local union officers, auxiliary members and spouses.
While most of the program focuses on various aspects of Railroad Retirement benefits, each seminar closes with a brief presentation on railroad unemployment and sickness benefits to help prepare union officers for sharing reliable information with their members.
To RSVP for one of the seminars, visit rrb.gov/prs and select your local seminar from the scheduled list, enter your information and hit submit. To RSVP on paper, use the PDF registration form posted at the bottom of the pre-retirement seminar webpage and print it and complete. Then mail or fax your completed form to your local field office. Contact information for each office hosting a seminar can be found by clicking here. Online registration will be available approximately 60 days before the date of each seminar. Registration will close for any seminar that reaches capacity.
Unless otherwise noted, seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of four hours. Doors open 30 minutes prior to start time. Security screening will be required for seminars hosted inside any federal buildings and photo ID will be required. No weapons are permitted in federal buildings. Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a Railroad Retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage or military service) along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff. Please let the RRB know if you have signed up for a seminar and are unable to attend.
Schedule March – June 2019:
- March 22: George H. Fallon Federal Building. 31 Hopkins Plaza, Room G-33 (ground level), Baltimore, Md.*
- March 22: West Covina Library, 1601 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, Calif.* (9:00 a.m. start time)
- March 29: Birmingham/Jefferson Convention Complex, 2100 Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard North, East Meeting Rooms D/E, Birmingham, Ala.*
- March 29: Maidu Community Center, 1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, Calif.
- April 5: Country Inn & Suites, 4500 Circle 75 Parkway, Atlanta, Ga.
- April 5: Hilton Garden Inn (Richmond Airport), 441 International Center Drive, Sandston, Va.
- April 12: Ronald V Dellums Federal Building, 1301 Clay Street – North Tower, 5th Floor (Room H), Oakland, Calif.*
- April 12: Drury Inn & Suites, St Louis Forest Park, 2111 Sulphur Avenue, St. Louis, Mo.
- April 26: Holiday Inn Plainview – Long Island, 215 Sunnyside Boulevard, Plainview, N.Y.
- April 26: Patrick V McNamara Federal Building, 477 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1180, Detroit, Mich.*
- May 3: Hilton Garden Inn, 2465 Grant Avenue, Billings, Mont.
- May 3: Richard Bolling Federal Building, 601 East 12th Street, Room G-41 (Dogwood Conference Room), Kansas City, Mo.
- May 10: Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, 7390 West Hampden Avenue, Lakewood, Colo.
- May 17: Sheet Metal Workers Local 33, 12515 Corporate Drive, Parma, Ohio
- May 17: Jacob K Javits Federal Building, 26 Federal Plaza, 6th Floor Conference Room, New York, N.Y.*
- June 7: Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, 12048 NE Airport Way, Portland, Ore.
- June 7: La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis S, 5120 Victory Dr., Indianapolis, Ind.
- June 14: Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, 28500 West Park Hwy, Ashland, Neb.*
- June 14: Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential, 707 Interstate 30, Little Rock, Ark.
- June 21: Post Office Federal Bldg, 657 Second Ave. N Room 319, Fargo, N.D.
- June 21: Fritz G. Lanham Federal Bldg, 819 Taylor St., Room 4Al4H, Fort Worth, Texas
- June 28: Holiday Inn Huntington-Barboursville, 3551 Rt. 60 East, Barboursville, W.Va.
- June 28: Tinley Park Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, Ill.
There is a parking fee required for seminars marked with an *.
- SMART University: TD Membership 101 available in Member Portal
- Members unite for protests in K.C., elsewhere￼
- LAST CALL: TD San Antonio Regional Training Seminar room reservations
- Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas
- TD GO-386 gets arbitration win over attempted BNSF pool consolidation, other work-rule changes