SMART TD National Legislative Director John Risch recently wrote an opinion editorial, published by Inforum, about how larger trucks destroy roads and take away important railroad jobs.
“Beyond destroying our roads, increasing the weight of trucks will shift freight traffic from our state’s railroads and onto our state’s highways,” Risch wrote. “Railroads build and maintain their own tracks and even pay property taxes on rail lines while no one pays property taxes on roads. The existing 105,500 lb. trucks do not pay for the damage they cause to our roads today.”
Click here to read the full op-ed by Risch.
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼