A preliminary feasibility study for a proposed1,600-mile rail link from British Columbia to Alaska will be completed in March, officials with G7G Railway Corp., a Vancouver, B.C-based company, told state legislators in Juneau Jan. 30.
G7G hopes to ship Alberta oil by rail from Fort McMurray, Alberta, to Delta for export through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System and the Valdez Marine Terminal, said its president, Matt Vickers.
Read the complete story at the Alaska Journal of Commerce.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available