Registration is now open for the SMART Transportation Division Regional Training Seminar (RTS) to take place November 6 through 9, 2023, at the Rhythm City Casino Resort in Davenport, Iowa.
Attendee check-in begins the morning of Monday, Nov. 6, with programming and speakers scheduled to begin that afternoon.
The RTS schedule and information will be available through the SMART app and be posted on the SMART website.
Attending an RTS is an exciting opportunity for local leadership and members to engage one on one with union experts to help fulfill the need for live, in-person training from local leaders closer to home.
The cost for TD members to register to attend the seminar is $50.
The RTS includes classes for local governance, roles of a local president, secretary & treasurer, legislative representatives and local chairpersons in protecting members and on the SMART Constitution, among others.
The classes are taught by national officers and other subject-matter experts associated with SMART-TD.
TD President Jeremy Ferguson and other union leaders are scheduled to appear to answer membership questions. To register for the seminar, visit https://register.smart-union.org/.
The deadline to register to attend is November 1, 2023.
Please note: Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.
A room block has been reserved at the Rhythm City Casino, 7077 Elmore Ave, Davenport, IA 52807. The SMART TD event rate is $112 per night with the hotel reservation deadline Monday, Oct. 16. Booking may be completed by phone. Call 563-328-8000 or toll free at 844-852-4386 and mention that you are a member of the SMART-TD group. Deadline for the discount hotel reservations is Oct. 16.
For more information, contact Iowa State Legislative Director Christopher Smith at 641-278-0699 or by email at email@example.com or Illinois State Legislative Director Bob Guy at 312-236-5353 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fundraiser set up to assist Keolis conductor for reunion after medical treatment
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action