The UTU International will conduct a workshop for treasurers Oct. 18-20 at the UTU headquarters in North Olmsted, Ohio.
Attendance is limited to 24 registrants and the deadline to register is Oct. 7.
If you are interested in attending the workshop, telephone Executive Assistant Nancy Miller at (216) 228-9400, or email her at n_miller @utu.org.
The three-day session will include all training and materials at no cost to local treasurers. However, the local is responsible for all other costs associated with the treasurer’s attendance at the workshop. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed as an allowable expense of the local if pre-approved at a local meeting.
The workshop will provide local treasurers with hands-on training on the responsibilities and reporting duties pertaining to their office, including direct receipts and Winstabs. The workshop will also focus on completion of mandatory filings for LM reports, Form 990 and Department of Labor requirements.
The workshop will be held at the UTU International Headquarters at 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, Ohio.
UTU corporate room rates of $78 per night, plus tax, are available at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport, 25070 Country Club Blvd. adjacent to UTU headquarters.
Rooms are based on availability and will only be held for our group until Sept. 24. Those attending should make their hotel reservations at the time of registration.
Reservations may be made by calling the Radisson directly at (440) 734-5060. Provide the code “UTU” when making reservations. The Radisson hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from Cleveland Hopkins Airport and a complimentary breakfast buffet.
Training sessions will be conducted by UTU International Auditors Stephen Noyes, Bobby Brantley and Mike Araujo.
Space is limited and attendees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Attendees should bring a notebook computer and a USB flash drive.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract