CLEVELAND –- Norfolk Southern owns the Conrail vertical lift railroad bridge, which is near the river’s mouth at Lake Erie, northeast of Willow Bridge.
This operational bridge, which fell under a Corps of Engineers bridge-replacement project in the 1940s, replaced an old, bulky swing bridge. Its span is 265 feet, and it stretches 98 feet above the Cuyahoga River. It remains a main rail-traffic thoroughfare.
Read more from Cleveland.com.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results