Railroad Retirement payroll taxes will remain at 2010 levels in 2011, reports the Railroad Retirement Board.
For Tier I, carriers and employees each will pay 6.20 percent on a maximum of $106,800 of wages.
For Medicare, carriers and employees each will pay 1.45 percent on all wages.
For Tier II, carriers will pay 12.10 percent and employees 3.9 percent on a maximum of $79,200 of wages.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson