The summary plan description booklets for both the National Railway Carriers and UTU Health and Welfare Plan (NRC/UTU) and the Railroad Employees’ National Health and Welfare Plan are now available on the SMART TD website.
Both booklets give information on the Comprehensive Health Care Benefit (CHCB); the Managed Medical Care Program (MMCP); the Mental Health/Substance Abuse Benefit (MH/SA), the Managed Pharmacy Services Benefit (MPSB), plus additional information on all aspects of the medical benefit plans covering railroad operating employees and their eligible dependents.
All employees should have received a copy of the applicable plan book in the mail; this web posting provides an alternate source for this important information.
Click here to be directed to the NRC/UTU booklet; click here to be directed to the National Health and Welfare plan book.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations