Effective Jan. 1, UTU members taking certain brand-name drugs will be required to pay more for them unless they switch to generic or preferred versions.
Members who choose to stay on the non-formulary/non-preferred drug will be subject to the non-formulary/non-preferred copay.
If you are using one of the drugs noted below, contact your physician and request a prescription for one of the preferred alternatives to avoid paying the higher price.
A mailing will occur on Dec. 1 to members affected by this change.
These formulary changes are made quarterly.
The preferred alternative to Activella (0.5-0.1 mg) is estradiol-norethindrone acet (1-0.5 mg), Prempro or Premphase.
The preferred alternative to Alamast is cromolyn sodium, Patanol or Optivar.
The preferred alternative to Altace is ramipril capsules.
The preferred alternative to Ambien CR is zolpidem tartrate IR (generic Ambien)
The preferred alternative to Cimzia is Humira, Enbrel or Remicade.
The preferred alternative to Ertaczo is econazole nitrate, ketoconazole or nystatin.
The preferred alternative to Lorabid is cefdinir.
The preferred alternative to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo is Trinessa, Tri-Previfem or Tri-Sprintec.
The preferred alternative to Quixin is ciprofloxacin, tobramycin sulfate, Zymar, Vigamox or Iquix.
The preferred alternative to Retin-A Micro is tretinoin gel.
The preferred alternative to Retin-A Micro Pump is tretinoin gel.
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- ProPublica reports: “As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School”
- Defense of our bus operators is needed
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention
- Deputy Labor Secretary Julie Su has walked the walk for workers
- A note to all SMART VLTD enrollees