A recent poll conducted by RBI Strategies & Research in conjunction with Magellan Strategies found that 61% of those surveyed would support a sales tax increase to fund a passenger rail service project along Colorado’s Front Range.
Although a sales tax increase is supported at this time, an article in The Colorado Sun said that support for the sales tax increase will likely go down once voters are told how much of an increase will be required to fund the $5 billion project, which would establish a passenger train route to operate from Fort Collins to Pueblo, Colo.
Click here to read the full survey results.
Click here to read more from The Colorado Sun.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB