JUNEAU, Alaska – According to an article posted by the Alaska News Dispatch, former Alaska Gov. Frank Murkowski has been appointed by current Gov. Bill Walker as a “special envoy” to revive a decades-long plan to connect Alaska’s and Canada’s freight railway systems, a venture that would necessitate the construction of at least 1,500 miles of track in Alaska. Read the complete article here.
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼