MASON CITY, Iowa – The National Transportation Safety Board says unsecured railroad cars are the probable cause of the death of a Union Pacific railroad worker in Mason City in 2012.
Georgiy Solovlyov, 36, of Stanhope, a switchman, was found on the tracks in the area of 13th St. and North Quincy Ave. at about 2:30 a.m. July 31, 2012.
Read the complete story at the Mason City Globe Gazette.
Soloviyovs was a member of Local 867 at Des Moines, Iowa. View this link for additional information.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results
- SMART TD seeks photos for annual Alumni calendar
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act