Enrollment period has been extended for new SMART VDP
The open-enrollment period for the new SMART TD Long-Term Voluntary Disability Plan (VDP) The high call volume that occurred as last week’s deadline approach allowed the negotiation of a longer period for members to take advantage of this benefit.
You can enroll by talking to a Benefit Specialist by calling 224-770-5328 or self-enroll by visiting www.smart-vltd.com.
Below are a few highlights of the new plan:
- The new plan is replacing the old MetLife Long-Term Disability Plan that was canceled in April.
- The new plan differs from the old MetLife plan because it does not offset with other benefits such as the RRB or the VSTD. This plan stacks on top of and pays in addition to other benefits.
- Unlike the old plan, the new VDP is an individual policy that is guaranteed renewable. Your coverage can’t be canceled. (It remains in force up to age 72 as long as premiums are paid).
- Premiums are locked in when you enroll. Your premiums do not increase as you get older.
- Previous MetLife participants are guaranteed approved for a monthly benefit of up to $1,000.
Open enrollment has been extended to Jan. 15, 2020.