Sheet Metal Industry COVID-19 Guidelines for Essential Workers
If you have been classified as an essential worker, you will be given a letter from your employer stating as such and allowing you to travel to and from work. As an essential worker, please carry
your employer letter and these guidelines when traveling to and from the job site, to ensure that your employer is following all requirements to keep members healthy and safe.
The following are steps every essential worker should be taking now:
• Don’t go to work if you are feeling sick.
• Don’t shake hands when greeting others.
• Avoid large gatherings or meetings.
• Stay six feet away from others on job sites and in gatherings, meetings, and training sessions.
• Wear a mask, handkerchief or scarf over y our mouth and nose in public areas.
• Don’t carpool with others to work. It is almost impossible to maintain 6 feet of social distance in personal vehicles.
• Cover your mouth and nose with tissues if you cough or sneeze or do so into your elbow.
• Avoid contact with sick people.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
• It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or
blowing your nose.