WASHINGTON – The Federal Railroad Administration’s chief legal counsel has been named deputy administrator – the agency’s number two position.
Karen Hedlund succeeds Karen Rae, who departed to take a post in the administration of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Hedlund had been a Federal Highway Administration attorney prior to joining the FRA’s legal staff.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson