WASHINGTON – The Federal Railroad Administration’s chief legal counsel has been named deputy administrator – the agency’s number two position.
Karen Hedlund succeeds Karen Rae, who departed to take a post in the administration of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Hedlund had been a Federal Highway Administration attorney prior to joining the FRA’s legal staff.
- SM Local 24 member joins NABTU, union leaders, elected officials to highlight opportunity in Ohio
- Illinois State Legislative Director helps announce major rail project
- New SMART News features interviews with GP Sellers, incoming GP Coleman, an update on rail legislation following East Palestine, and more
- ‘Best practices’ to be discussed at officers’ TD coalition meeting in May
- From the Ballast: ‘Getting railroaded’
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!