The Alaska Railroad is applying to become the nation’s first railroad system to ship natural gas by rail, a move that comes as the state looks for cheap ways to deliver the product to Fairbanks.
Alaska Railroad Corp. CEO Bill O’Leary told the Senate Finance Committee on Feb. 2 that the public corporation will apply this week with the Federal Railroad Administration to carry liquefied natural gas containers.
Read the complete story at the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results