All active and retired members of North Dakota locals will have the opportunity to visit with UTU International and general committee officers and representatives from the Railroad Retirement Board, health-and-welfare benefit providers and designated legal counsel at a series of informational meetings from April 16-18.
UTU members in the area should note that the location of the April 17 meeting hosted by Local 525 has been changed. See the information below.
Members and their spouses are welcome to attend any of the three Spring Swing meetings, according to State Legislative Director Jim Chase.
“These meetings represent the best opportunity of the year to interact with UTU members from across North Dakota and western Minnesota,” Chase said. For further information, call (701) 223-0061 or send email to email@example.com.
•Tuesday, April 16, Locals 887, 980, 1137; 1 p.m. meeting followed by free lunch at the Fargo Howard Johnson Inn.
•Wednesday, April 17, Local 525; 2 p.m. meeting followed by free lunch at the Hilton Garden Inn, 4301 James Ray Dr. in Grand Forks, N.D., (701) 755-6000.
• Thursday, April 18, Local 1059; 1 p.m. meeting followed by a 6 p.m. social and 7 p.m. retirement banquet at the Minot Vegas Motel.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC