If you retired from railroad service on or after April 1, 1967, you may be eligible for a $2,000 retiree life insurance benefit.
Benefits are administered by MetLife for all retirees from railroads participating in the National Railway Carriers’ / UTU Health & Welfare Plan and the Railroad Employees’ National Health and Welfare Plan (formerly GA-23000).
To file a claim, or to obtain a change-of-beneficiary card, call the following toll-free number:
MetLife (800) 310-7770
Those who retire on disability are urged to contact MetLife soon after their retirement to ensure their eligibility for this benefit.
Retirees are urged to keep this notice with their other important documents and to keep the designated beneficiary up to date.
When filing a claim, it will be very helpful to know the date the employee last worked, the name of the employing railroad, and the employee’s Social Security number. These items will assist in the prompt processing of claims.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa
- Photo recap of TD Labor Day events
- A Labor Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Additional information out for October TD meeting in Toledo
- Last chance in 2023 for TD members to open-enroll in VLTD, VLIFE plans!
- AFL-CIO TTD, carrier associations oppose House budget cuts targeting RRB funding